Merry Christmas!

Just a quick post to say a Merry Christmas to everyone out there reading this! Hope you’ve all enjoyed a fantastic Christmas meal with loved ones – I certainly did :) Today the family congregated upon our place to have Christmas dinner, and here are some snaps of the food on offer:

Smoked salmon, garlic aioli and chives on crackers

Orange glazed ham studded with cloves (made by Mum)

The finished product complete with icing sugar snow and a puff of smoke from the chimney! Click here for more photos of my gingerbread house.

Choc Ripple Yule Log (made by my aunty)

Citrus and Candy‘s Black and Whites (made by Sir D)

Gleaming maple cheesecake

Thanks to all the readers out there who have supported Penguin says Feed Me! This is my blog’s very first Christmas and it’s great to be sharing it with all of you :) Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and happy eating!
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Merry Christmas!

1. joey@FoodiePop says:

Look at those cute gingerbread houses! The food looks great! Merry Xmas!

2. Karen @ Citrus and Candy says:

Drool at the meats and an amazing line-up of desserts :) Looked like an awesome Xmas dinner!

3. mademoiselle délicieuse says:

Merry Christmas, Jacq! That maple cheesecake has a serious sheen to it *drools*

4. Simon says:

Merry Christmas!

Looks like a great collection of food for Christmas, not to mention the left overs!

Momofuku's roast pork is really making the rounds :)

5. Simon Food Favourites says:

Merry Christmas. looks like a great meal and noice xmas tree. see you in the new year! :-)

6. chocolatesuze says:

maple cheesecake! dude recipe? hope you had an awesome christmas!

7. pierre says:

Hi jacq
    I love the orange glazed ham and yoyr mapple cheesecake looks scrumptious !! thanks for hte sharing !! Pierre

8. panda says:

merry christmas!! the food looks scrumptious! do post the recipe for the maple cheesecake!

9. Penguin says:

Hi joey – Thanks! Hope you had a great Christmas as well :)

Hi Karen – A Christmas feast wouldn't be complete without a sufficient number of desserts hehe

Hi mademoiselle délicieuse – Merry Christmas to you too! Hope you had a good one!

Hi Simon – Yeah I noticed that a few people made the Momofuku pork hehe, Billy certainly made an impression on everyone with his pork at the picnic!

Hi Simon Food Favourites – Thanks! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Hi chocolatesuze – Hope your Christmas was great too! I'll post up the recipe soon ;)

Hi pierre – No problem ;) Hope you had a good Christmas filled with food!

Hi panda – Merry Christmas! Thanks – I'll be posting the maple cheesecake recipe soon =D

10. Ellie says:

Merry Christmas and Happy New year! What a lovely spread you had for dinner! Cute gingerbread house and so much PORK!!!

11. Stephcookie says:

Mmm that maple cheesecake looks droolworthy! Love how you finished off the gingerbread house ;) Hope you had a great xmas!

12. Helen (Grab Your Fork) says:

Yum yum. Love that you used so many food bloggers' recipes :) Your mini gingerbread house looks so cute too!

13. Belle@Ooh, Look says:

Glad your Christmas was merry with lovely food! Have a great new year!

14. Penguin says:

Hi Ellie – Merry Christmas and Happy new year to you too! Yes I'm not quite sure why we ended up with so much pork but I'm not complaining ;) hehe it was delicious!

Hi Steph – Thanks! I still have heaps of gingerbread sitting in a box waiting to be eaten! Suffering from gingerbread overload I think =P

Hi Helen – Well I know that food bloggers' recipes are tried and true ;)

Hi Belle – Thank you! Hope you had a great Christmas and happy new year!

15. billy@ATFT says:

Happy New Year jacq! Looking forward to more feasting with you…. with Pictionary of course! LOL

16. Trissa says:

Your Mum's ham with that orange glaze sounds intriguing – would you mind sharing the recipe? Belated Merrry Christmas!

17. Penguin says:

Hi Billy – LOL Pictionary was so fun =D Hope you had a great Christmas and new year!

Hi Trissa – Sure, I'll put it up in another post. It was out of Donna Hay's Modern Classics Vol. 1 in case you have it at home ;)